You are not alone if you are wondering how to stimulate hair growth. The average person loses about 70 to 100 strands of hair every day. However, this is typically not noticeable because they fall out over the course of the day and are replaced by new hair growth.
Every human hair goes through a growth cycle that allows the hair follicles to grow hair, rest, and then allow the hair to fall out. With the fall of an old hair, the growth of a new one comes in and the process starts over again.
Even though the process of hair loss and hair growth is natural, it can be discouraging to lose hair, especially when we seem to be losing hair faster than we are growing hair naturally. Many people wonder what to use for hair growth so they can stimulate their hair follicles and promote hair growth at a faster rate.
Fortunately, there are several different ideas and methods for how to grow hair naturally at a faster rate than your body would likely accomplish on its own. A variety of natural remedies for hair growth have been tested over time, and specially designed products featuring natural ingredients for hair growth are also available to promote hair growth.
Natural Remedies To Help Promote Hair Growth
Many people experiencing hair loss are interested in how to naturally grow their hair back. Knowing what to use for hair growth can be tricky because every person is different, and some natural remedies for hair regrowth may work for one person but not for another.
Some ideas for how to grow hair naturally focus on the need to stimulate hair follicles, while many other natural remedies for hair growth involve applying something to your scalp to deliver helpful vitamins and nutrients. Give more than one of the following ideas a try to see which of these natural remedies for hair growth work best to help with growing your hair naturally.
1. Massage your scalp with essential oils, several of which are natural remedies for hair regrowth. Try this recipe: One tablespoon of almond oil, three to four drops of rosemary essential oil and peppermint essential oil. Mix them together and rub it into your scalp to stimulate hair growth.
For a different kind of hair stimulator, you can also try to rub your scalp every morning with a mix of three ounces of cayenne pepper and 1/5 of vodka. Just rub a small amount of mixture into your scalp once every morning to help stimulate your hair follicles and increase blood circulation.
2. Take a vitamin B supplement. The B vitamin biotin is especially important for hair growth and is one of the natural ingredients for hair growth in many natural hair health supplements.
3. Brush your hair every morning with a naturally bristled brush, for example with boar bristles, since brushing can stimulate your hair follicles.
4. Use castor oil, which is rich in omega-9 fatty acids and vitamin E that facilitate healthy hair growth. It is very thick and sticky so you can help increase its efficacy by mixing one ounce of castor oil with four drops of rosemary essential oil and massaging it into your scalp. Rinse out after 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Eggs are a great source of protein, which your hair needs. Whisk two egg yolks together with two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply it to your scalp and massage it in, then leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water and then shampoo.
6. Use lemon juice. When applied to the scalp, lemon juice stimulates circulation and prevents hair loss. You can mix it with oil and rub it into your scalp for half an hour before washing it out5. .
Lifestyle Changes to Consider Making
While home treatments featuring natural ingredients for hair growth can be helpful, in order to really stimulate hair growth and get a healthy scalp, it’s important to have good overall health. Improving your health might require you to make some changes from the inside.
Increase good stomach acids. It may sound strange, but one idea for how to grow hair naturally is to increase the number of certain stomach acids within your body. With the right kinds of foods, you can increase the right kinds of stomach acids to promote healthier hair growth. That is because the acids in your gut are responsible for your nutrient assimilation. The better your body can process nutrients, the more nutrients it can make available to help your hair grow.
Consume collagen or gelatin. Could a boxed gelatin dessert be part of the answer for how to naturally grow hair? Gelatin is a natural hair stimulator that contains a mix of amino acids that promote the growth of hair, nails and healthy skin. You can find unflavored gelatin base in your local food stores, typically in the baking aisle. Mix with soups, smoothies or tea for an extra boost of gelatin to help stimulate hair growth.
Balance out your hormones. Cortisol, estrogen, and thyroid hormones all need balancing. Estrogen dominance is a common hormone imbalance in women. It can sometimes be caused by toxins like pesticides and BPA that act like estrogen in the body, resulting in an imbalance. Elevated levels of estrogen often contribute to hair loss for both men and women.
Cortisol can spike due to stress on the body. It needs to be regulated in order for us to function daily and for hair growth to happen.
Thyroid hormones can typically be regulated with a healthy metabolism. Both work together to promote healthy hair growth.
Conclusion: What to Use for Hair Growth?
Trying some of these tips should help stimulate healthier hair growth, but a hair stimulator that works well for one person may not be as effective for someone else. Try them all, or just a few, and use a combination of what works for you. There are also great hair health supplements on the market that only use natural ingredients and could be another good option to promote hair growth. Whatever treatment or products you choose, with time and consistency, you will likely have healthier looking hair.